Mountain States Legal Foundation, a small public-interest law firm in Lakewood, Colorado, seeks an experienced full or part-time litigation paralegal to assist with high-profile litigation defending limited government, property rights, and individual liberty.
The desired candidate is energetic, positive, and able to work independently. Candidates must have at least 2 years of experience in all aspects of civil litigation including, but not limited to preparing discovery, court filings, and trial presentation. In addition, the right candidate needs to be familiar with case management software, e-filing, legal research tools, and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
- Organizing and maintaining case files and calendars
- Assisting attorneys in preparing for administrative and substantive filings, depositions, and trials
- Proofreading, Bluebooking, cite checking, and electronically filing briefs
- Conducting basic background procedural, factual, and legal research for supervising counsel
- Two - four years of full life cycle litigation experience in federal jurisdictions
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Experience with electronic filings and litigation and case management software
- Experience managing litigation calendars, including calculating and calendaring deadlines
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute numerous tasks under tight time constraints
- Must be able to work in a team environment (supporting multiple attorneys) as well as independently.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other office applications
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references to: email@example.com